Saturday 10 August 2019

How the earth was made | The earth series | 2

10/8/2019

IALT (I am learning to): Learn more about the solar system and planet earth. And how to stop terrible things from happening.

How the earth was made
Image result for earth

have you ever wondered how the earth was made? well, I have and a few days ago I found out how the earth was made, I thought about who to share my learning with and my third or fourth idea was on my blog! so here is how the earth was made.


Did you know 4.6 billion years ago an enormous cloud of gas and dust called a solar nebular swirls in the milky way galaxy a new solar system was born our solar system to be exact. In a process known as the conservation of angular momentum. 
Gravity collapses the cloud turning in into a flattened spinning disk. 
The powerful gravity pulls most of the gas into the centre of the disk and this gas gradually condenses coalesces and ultimately forms our sun. Leftover gas and dust swirls around and slowly starts clumping together. 

Now the strong solar winds blast outward from the sun blowing lighter materials like hydrogen and helium far out heavier materials like dust and rocks resist the solar wind and remain close to the centre and it's this heavy material that begins clumping together eventually forming the prototypes of the inner rocky planets including planet earth. It's the earths dense rocky core that forms first, heavy materials like iron and nickle gravitate to the centre where as lighter materials drift to the outside eventually forming the earth's crust. 

Over millions of years the new earth begins trapping stray gas and it's powerful gravity and this gas eventually becomes our sacred life-saving atmosphere. But suddenly around 1 billion years after the earth is formed Theia a large mars-sized body floating freely in the new solar system crashes into earth causing near catastrophic damage, millions of pieces of the infant planet blast outward into space, some pieces were trapped in the earth's gravity ultimately becoming our moon. 

Today comets are rare in the inner solar system only appearing a few times every several decades but during the early primordial times comets were very abundant throughout the entire solar system it's believed these icy comets colliding with a young earth for the initial cause of water on our planets surface.
Of course since then earth has become the pleasant life bearing planet we know as home. We enjoy an abundance of vegetation, water, tools and technologies. 
We live a safe and protected life under our atmosphere, that is until the sun turns into a red giant and incinerates the entire planet and wipes out all evidence that earth was an existing planet, But not to worry we've got 5 billion years to figure that out and we can discuss this in another lesson.

Kia ora fellow teachers and students I see you've come back for another lesson about the earth. Just a quick question do you enjoy my interesting facts about the earth? let me know in the comments below. 
I  hope you enjoyed today's lesson I also hope you learnt something new today and every other day. Also in the comments write what you would like to learn or hear more from me in the future or tomorrow:)

Your sincerely
-Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Well Taylor, I did not know you were so interested in astronomy! You are full of surprises. Good on you for researching something that interests you! What are you going to write about next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Gully

      Thank you for your kind, positive and helpful comment. I have been really interested in astronomy since I was very young. What am I going to write next? In my next lesson which I am working right this second is about thunder and lightning.

      I hope your enjoyed learning with me see you next time!
      haere ra

      -Taylor

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.