Thursday 1 August 2019

The big jump | Sandra's perspective


I woke up today feeling the way I always do. Today is my first day monitoring the flying fox activity the highest activity throughout the whole entire camp. The first three people come on up and then fly their way down. Then Big Daddy comes up I put him in the safety harness he complained a little about how tight it was and then how lose it was so I explained to him how it had to be tight so when he goes down he doesn’t fall out and hurt himself. Big daddy is so scared he nearly backed out “I never have a student or anyone back out” Mr Jackson has already sent up the next participant Little Timmy and he sees Big daddy struggling to go down the flying fox. Little Timmy asks me “has anyone done a tandem jump today” “No” I say confused “why” I say. I put Little Timmy in the harness with Big Daddy and they went down at the same time. I can’t see much because they are going. I wait for a while and then I realise that all their weight is going to pull them down. They hit the tires at the bottom and I don’t know what happened to them so I just moved on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.