Friday 18 October 2019

Global Warming Letter

Global Warming

WALT:Write a persuasive/creative/informative text in response to the article about Global Warming in Kiribati.


Global warming

12 Joyce Crescent


Grey Main School
Taylor
9/10/2019


Dear Sir/Madam

Kia Ora e hoa, I’m no stranger here it’s just me a year 7 school girl Taylor I am not here to complain I am here to persuade you to do more about global warming.

Global warming has caused a lot of trouble throughout the world like Kiribati. Their island is going under water because many many years ago in 2002 Global Warming began for them and even today their island is going under water. The people there love their island dearly but they have to leave or they will drown on their island. The Islander’s are travelling to Fiji because, you know why, it’s drowning. They have really made Kiribati their home and I want to keep it that way, can we please help them get their island back.


Global warming was caused because of greenhouse gases (usually carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere which warms the ice caps (the reason they are called that is because they are at the bottom and top of the world and they are Greenland and Antarctica). The snow melts and turns into water, which means that the water level rises. The water has surrounded their island and if someone walks around the island it only takes 5 minutes.


Do you think we should do something about Kiribati’s island? Well I do. I feel bad for the innocent people that did nothing to deserve this terrible event.


Please consider my idea and contact me.
Yours sincerely
Taylor

P.S. Check out this link to find out more about “global warming”

3 comments:

  1. I think I have seen this before.... great piece of persuasive writing, Taylor. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor my name is Dakota and i am a year 6 and I go to Kaingaroa School. It's GREAT to see you learning about global warming. That's what I'm learning about in my class. What's your favourite colour's? mine are Blue, Purple and Black! And what are your favourite animals? 😁😜🐼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kia ora Dakotoa Taylor here from Grey Main School.
      Thank you for your helpful and kind comment. Its nice to know that you are learning about the things that are happening in real life. By the way my favourite colour is pink and my favourite animal is a panda. Thanks again Dakota see ya next time.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.