Sunday 26 April 2020

Movie review | Tonari no totoro

(This film is a Japanese film thats why the names are difficult to spell and pronounce)

 My Next Door Neighbour Totoro

My Neighbor Totoro (1988) - Rotten Tomatoes

Directed and written by: Hayao Miyazaki


Main character(s): Satsuki, Mei and Totoro

Setting: The setting of this film is at Satsuki and Mei's new house in the country.

Summary: 
2 sisters Satsuki and Mei and their father Tatsuo Kusakabe move into a new house in the country and they meet Granny 
Their "babysitter". Mei goes exploring and finds Totoro the Forest Spirit...
(Watch the movie for more details)

What I like about it: I liked how the sisters got along nicely without fighting and how Totoro is big, cute and cuddly

What I disliked about the film: Nothing, this film is amazing.

My Favourite Part: Is the part when Mei falls into the hole to discover Totoro and when they fall asleep.

RATING:
I would give this film a solid 5/5 stars.
and I would recommend the age of 6+ 


I hope you enjoy watching this movie with your friends and family. And stay home and stay safe:)
-Taylor
  


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Taylor, You have presented your review in an informative and easily read format giving us just enough information to encourage others to view. The title and image are eye-catching. I wonder if you can now say a few Japanese words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora ehoa, Hello my old friend, Taylor!
    How are you and your whanau?
    I'm so glad to see you sharing your learning via your blog and I am absolutely stoked to see you have found Tonari no Totoro. Did you find it on Netflix? I see they have put up a heap of Studio Gibli movies lately. I think Totoro is so cute but my favourite Japanese animation is Lupin.
    Looking forward to seeing you again soon,
    Mrs Gully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor
    You have intrigued me enough that I would like to check out this movie. Great presentation. Where did you watch it, online on Netflix or a DVD?

    Tineka

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.